2.05.2011

Time for a pet story...


That's Maddie or, as she's also known, Little Miss Houdini.

She likes to play with plastic shopping bags so I will occasionally leave one on the floor for her. Today, she crawled into one... through the handle. It got stuck, of course, around her shoulders. I always know when it happens because she hunkers down and tries to sneak away, which is funny in itself.

But, today, I rescued her, freed her from the dreaded plastic bag and again left it on the floor. Maddie was quickly back, sneaking up to smell it, cautiously.

Then, she pounced on it and stood there with both front feet planted firmly on the bag and that "I'm ruler of the world" look on her face...

Little Miss Houdini, conqueror of the plastic bag.

7 comments:

Bookfool said...

Our Isabel loves plastic bags, too. Sometimes I'll leave them for her to play in, but if I'm about to leave the house I'll put them out of reach. She's gotten tangled a time or two.

Kailana said...

lol Cute!

cj said...

Bookfool -

I rarely think about picking them up when I leave but that's probably a good idea. I'd hate to think of her caught in one and it chasing her around the room as she tries to get away...

Kailana -

Thanks. The four-footed family sure keeps things interesting around her.

cjh

DesLily said...

cats are funny. if you have a plastic bag in you hand and make noise with it my car runs... put it on the floor and its "his"! go figure lol

Bellezza said...

Go, Miss Houdini! Sometimes, I don't even feel I can conquer plastic bags. Does she give lessons?

Through you and Bookfool, I must admit a huge affinity for kitties now. Thanks, you two!

stopsign said...

Plastic bags must be the best play thing for cats, Mine loves them too. When she was younger I use to carry her around in one when she crawled into it.
Thanks for the post.

cj said...

DesLily -

Exactly! She'll only go near one when it's helpless on the floor...

Bellezza -

Sure. Here's what she says: Put the bag on the floor. Jump on the bag and knead it with your front feet a couple of times. Try to crawl inside. If you can't make it inside, lie on top of it.

Did something happen to your cat? Or are you just wanting a kitty?

Stopsign -

I can't ever catch mine inside a bag but it's fun to watch her play with them. Thanks for stopping by.

cjh