1.29.2012

Sifting thoughts...

Wow.

Haven't done one of these in a long, long time.

But, I've just posted my new, probably to be revised, idea of a book chat.  Let me know what you think, would you?  Should I include more about the book itself?  Or more of my thoughts?  It's a work in progress, so let me know what you think!

It's a beautiful day here, at least from the inside of my windows.

On the outside it's 22F, which isn't bad for January, but we're still under a lake effect snow advisory.  I  have no idea how much we've already gotten, but it is substantial.  Thankfully I have an amazing sister and brother-in-law because my gout has been keeping me relatively inactive and they've shoveled my drive twice.  Bless them.  Seriously.  I'd be lost without them.

So...

What else do I have?

Last year saw the marriage of one of my nieces in October.  She was absolutely gorgeous and her husband was certainly handsome.  It was, as most weddings are, a stressful event... but it was a joyous one, too:



Lot's of smiles, plenty of laughter, good food, great music... 

And we'll be repeating it this September, when her sister ties the knot:






I can't wait.  I'm crazy proud of both these beautiful young women and of the lives they have created, for themselves and for their young men...

As for me...

My life is pretty uneventful.  I work, I write, I spend time with the furkids.  It's quiet, but at my age, quiet is a good thing.  The gout is on it's way to be controlled, despite this weekends flare.  I know that and I know I must be patient and watch what I eat... 

Not my strongest points at times.

I hope y'all have had a good weekend, filled with sunshine and happy times!

2 comments:

Trish said...

More sifting thoughts!! I miss these posts. Your nieces are beautiful and they are lucky to have such a caring and loving aunt like you. My family is so big that while I love my aunts I didn't experience the closeness that we could have had their been less nieces and nephews (there are 34 of us not including spouses--and now 56 great-grandchildren?).

I'm sorry the gout has been so painful. I don't really know much about gout...except the pain. I hope you find relief soon.

cj said...

Trish-

It's always so nice to have you stop by!!

You're comments about my nieces are lovely and much appreciated. I've truly been blessed to have such a special relationship with them. I don't know how I got so lucky. Well.. yes I do, to a small degree. I took an active, constant interest in their lives. I was always there for them. There's not much more to it than that.

The gout is still causing me problems. I think it was triggered by a shift change and the messed up sleep cycle that comes along with it. I'm hoping to talk to my doctor about it on Monday.

Give Elle a kiss from me!

cjh